Weekly Update: June 1
Spotlight: This week, we’ve curated STEM activities around ingenuity so youth keep innovating and having fun!
Here are this week’s highlighted STEM activities from the Actua network! For more content, visit our network member websites and Actua’s full library of curated STEM resources.
- For youth grades K-12: Checkout BreakoutEDU’s Fun @ Home for a variety of interactive activities.
- For grades 3 and up: Create psychedelic art while learning about how molecules interact and surface tension in this week’s Actua At Home Psychedelic Milk tutorial!
- For grades 6-8: Join our network member Science AL!VE‘s What the Hack instructors as they delve into the world of technology and computer science! With lessons, challenges, activities, and interactive components, this all encompassing module is a great way to spend a couple of afternoons!
- Geering Up Women in Engineering Webinar – June 4: Calling all girls in grades 8-12! Are you interested in engineering? Not really sure what that entails? Our network member Geering Up is hosting a FREE 2-hours webinar about what studying engineering is all about.
- Did you miss last week’s LIVE with The Honourable Navdeep Bains? Check it out HERE.
How This Pandemic Can Help To Shape A Generation Of Innovators (podcast)
Mentors and role models: women in engineering (article)
Changing The Narrative About Women In STEM (article)
Follow us on social media for more STEM content
Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube
Be sure to also follow our network member accounts!
Thank you to our supporters!
STEM education has never been more important. To all of our funders, we thank you for your continued support as we pivot to provide STEM at home learning. Your unwavering commitment is helping thousands of Canadian youth.